Thursday, August 6, 2009

Quarantined = Sadtimes

So we are walking off the plane, everything is great - had a good rest on the flight, watched some decent movies and was pretty full - and then I get ushered to the side by a lady security guard, who sits me down and sticks something in my ear to take my temperature. 37degrees. Wait 10 more minutes. The same. 15 more minutes. The same.

They put a mask on me [you know the one's] and a male security guard takes me to a random room with a bed, fridge and a man. I was not looking forward to this. No cavity searches, please.

The man was a doctor, and checked my temperature. 36degrees. Perfect. Please, keep your mask on, go to the bathroom and what not and return so I can check it again.
Ah, OK - but 36 is normal, right?
Yes, come back soon.

So I wait 20 minutes [oh, bad man, I meant 5 minutes] and return - still in the mask. I had been sitting in the corner of the deserted coffee place and had a shitload of water and read my book ['Praise' by Andrew McGahan - dude this shit is graphic! What did he get up to as a 23 year old?]

He takes my temperature again, 36 one here, 37 the other. OK I can go right? Wrong. Take 2 of these pills now, and 2 before you hop off at Dubai. And here is a note to show security there so that they know we picked up on your apparent fever.

OK, thanks for the letter. Can I have some water to take these pills? No, apparently I cannot. So that's a bit of a shame, hey. Lucky I had a little bit of Brunei dollars left, so I could buy some water and internet access.

Shit, I have been called to security check? Everybody on my flight.. This sucks, I have another 25minutes on here - might go get my money back. Or try...

As I am rushing off for the check, no time to check spelling. And I am very tired so BE KIND.
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment